Chronic kidney disease
This disease is also called as chronic kidney failure. Which explain the slow loss of a kidney function. Kidneys function is to filter the excess and wastes fluids from the blood. Then it is excreted in the urine. When this disease extended to the advanced stage; wastes, electrolytes, also the dangerous level of fluid might rapidly build up in the body.
Facts of Chronic Kidney Disease
Here are some main facts of this disease;
- Firstly, causes of this disease are diabetes and the kidney disease (polycystic kidney disease)
- secondly, symptoms of this disease are fatigue, high blood pressure, and blood in the urine
- Thirdly, this disease has no cure but there is the treatment for reducing symptoms
- Lastly, after kidney scans, blood test, diagnosis occurs.
This disease shows the symptoms at the later stages. It’s important that the people who are might at the risk of a developing the kidney disease have their regular kidney functions checked.
Symptoms are as follows:
- Appetite loss
- Itchy and dry skin
- Blood in the urine
- Protein in the urine
- Also shortness of breath
- Muscles twitch and muscles cramps
- Frequent urination mostly at night
- Weight changes
- Dark urine
- Chest pain
- Have problem in sleeping
This disease occurs due to the condition or disease that damage the kidney function. That causing the kidney damages to the worst over the many months and years. Some causes are here;
- Firstly, high blood pressure
- Diabetes (type 1 and type 2)
- Polycystic kidney disease
- The recurrent of kidney function (pyelonephritis )
- Malaria and the yellow fever
- Overuse of the medication such as the aspirin
- Obstructed urine flow
Risk of having this disease is;
- Most common is diabetes
- Sickle cell disease
- The family history of having kidney disease
- Bladder obstruction
- Also some toxins overexposure
- Age factor mostly its common in the age of 60
As this disease has no proper treatment, we can only control the symptoms. Some prevention is as follows;
- A diet, healthy diet like plenty of vegetables and the fruits, meats, fish and also the whole grain is very important for controlling the high blood pressure. High blood pressure is also the reason for having this kidney disease.
- The smoking is the high factor of having kidney damage or failure. So must avoid smoking a lot and also avoiding the use of alcohol or drugs.
- Exercising is the best way to control the blood pressure. It also helps in controlling the conditions like diabetes and heart disease. Your weight should also be according to your height.
- Avoid the excessive use of painkiller; it can also damage your kidney. You can also ask the doctor for the proper medication.