Polycystic Kidney Disease:
It is an inherited disorder. In this disorder groups of cysts primarily develop within the kidney that causes the kidney to get enlarge and also lose overtime of function. The cysts are the noncancerous sacs which contain fluid. Cysts very large in size and can grow larger. So having a lot of cysts (large) might damage the kidney. This disease also causes cysts to grow in the liver or elsewhere in the body. This disease involves the creation of serious problems like kidney failure and the high blood pressure.
Many people survive with the polycystic kidney disease without knowing the symptoms. The cysts normally grow half inches or may be larger before the person begins noticing the symptoms. Symptoms can include:
- A headache
- Blood in urine
- Pain in back or side pain
- Kidney infection
- Abdomen fullness feeling
- Kidney failure
- High blood pressure
- Kidney stone
- Joint pain
- Pale skin color
- Frequent urination
The abnormal genes can cause this disease (PKD) that means in the most cases, this disease is running in the families so:
- This is sometimes referred as the adult PKD. But children can also develop this disease. According to research, in the 90% cases, most people have this disease is just because of the parents. Moreover, this is an inherited disorder and there is also a 50% chance of development of this disease in children if the parents have this disease. A symptom of this disease is starting appearing in the age of 30-40.
- This disease is not as common as the autosomal dominant. The symptoms and the sign of this disease mostly appear after the birth. But sometimes, it does not appear in childhood or later or in adolescence also. For this disease both the parents must have the abnormal genes for passing this type of disease. There is 25% chance of passing this disease if both parents have these abnormal genes.
Hurdles linked with this disease are:
- Kidney function loss
- Complications in the pregnancy
- High blood pressure
- Colon problem
- Also chronic pain
- Cysts growth in the liver or also elsewhere
- Heart disease
- Liver failure
In case of having polycystic kidney disease and for the safety of the generation passing disease you can consult any genetic counselor for it.
Always try to keep your kidney as healthy as possible for you. The most important thing that you should also do for the safety of your kidney, is the maintenance of the blood pressure. You can follow some tips to keep your blood pressure maintain.
- You should also weekly visit your doctor for the blood pressure check up and follow the medication that prescribes by the doctor.
- Also focus on eating the light diet that contains fruits, vegetables, and the grains.
- In case you are habitual to smoking so firstly quit that.
- Use of the alcohol should also be in limit
- Best thing is exercise. So try to do exercise, yoga or meditation for the physical and mental health.
- Your weight should be accurate according to your height so for this you can consult to doctor.